Saint John's University Archives
The Saint John's University Archives was established in 1975 to collect, house, and make available the historical records that document the origin, development and achievements of the University, its faculty, staff, and alumni. See also Saint John's Abbey Archives.
- About the Archives
- Hours, location, mission and goals, staff, contact information and policies can be found in this section.
- SJU History
- Includes lists of administrators, awards, buildings, and early students, etc., as well as digitized history resources about St. John's such as A Visual History of Saint Benedict's and Saint John's and many other short visual “history lessons.”
- Digital Archives
- Many of the Archives' resources are available digitally, at your fingertips. Explore the digital holdings of the Archives here.
- Finding Aids and Inventory List
- A list of items cataloged in the Archives and a directory of Finding Aids. Check here for details on the Archives' print resources.
- Photos & Maps
- Aerial photos, campus maps and selected photos from the collection.
- Digitized publications from or about St. John's (except for the Student Newspapers, below).
- Student Newspapers
- SJU & CSB student newspapers, including St. John's The Record, 1888 to the present
- Special Collections
- Information about the manuscript collections of Jon Hassler, Edward L. Henry, Paul Marx OSB, Kilian McDonnell OSB, Robert Spaeth, and Bela Petheo.
- A timeline of significant events in the history of SJU and CSB. Browsable by campus (SJU/CSB/Joint) and topic, with links to in-depth information.