SJU Residential Life and Housing
Become an RA
Requirements to be an RA:
- Current, full-time student at Saint John's University
- Two semesters of college experience upon starting the position
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70
- Good conduct standing with the University
- Participation in all RA training programs
- Fulfill specific RA position responsibilities
- Commitment for a full academic year (unless hired on a semester basis)
Spring 2015 Application Timeline:
- RA Information Session (January 12, 9 pm)
- Online application form (due January 19)
- 3 essay questions (due January 26)
- FR and RA recommendations (due January 26)
- Interview with FR and RA teams (February 1-8)
- Interview with Director, if necessary (February 8-15)
- Notification sent to candidates (February 26)
- Candidates return acceptance letters to Housing Office (March 11)
- New RA - Online Application Form (requires CSB/SJU username and password to access)
- Resident Assistant (RA) Job Description
Residence Halls Close: Friday, February 27 at 8 p.m.
Residence Hall Open: Sunday, March 8 at 9 a.m.
Staying on-campus over break?
- Campus residents who need to stay on campus over the Spring Break, must fill out an Extended Occupancy Form by Sunday, February 22.
- Requests received after February 22 will result in a $25 late charge.
- A Resident who accesses his residence during a break period without prior permission will be charged $25/day not to exceed $100/week.
- Only athletes, international students, out of state students, and students working on-campus over the break will be granted permission to stay on campus.
Residential Life & Housing
Sexton Commons 210
Saint John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321