Bringing Two Worlds Together
The biochemistry major combines the strengths of both our chemistry and biology faculty. This gives our students the opportunity to do the kind of original research that will get them prepared for their future-either in graduate school, medical school or in the job market.
Overview of Program
- Consists of 70 credits, making it one of our more challenging programs.
- Includes six chemistry courses, four biology courses and two biochemistry classes.
- Requires each student to complete a senior research project.
- Learn more about our program.
- More than $1 million in modern instrumentation, including an HPLC mass spectrometer-used predominately by students in biochemistry for instrumental analysis.
- Students who have won Howard Hughes Medical Institute and National Institute of Health Fellowships to attend graduate school.
- CSB/SJU recently received a grant from Merck for undergraduate biochemistry research.
- Small introductory classes and labs with plenty of faculty interaction throughout the degree program.