Minnesota Private Colleges' Job & Internship Fair
February 27, 2020 ~ Minneapolis Convention Center
The Minnesota Private College Job & Internship Fair is geared toward sophomores and juniors seeking summer internships as well as current seniors seeking full time careers and employment upon graduation.
- Employers from over 200 organizations will be available to discuss potential internship and career opportunities within all academic disciplines.
- Organizations represent the human service, nonprofit, government sectors, and for-profit/business organizations.
Optional transportation sponsored by CSB/SJU to both the Networking Reception and the Fair. Details will be provided at the Information Sessions.
Who can attend?
Any current sophomore, junior, or senior attending one of the 17 Minnesota Private Colleges. CSB/SJU students must attend an information meeting, register, pay the fair fee, and follow the requirements discussed at the mandatory Information Session.
What types of jobs and internships will I find?
Past examples include: counseling, mental health, social work, political activism, public outreach, management, sales and marketing, accounting and auditing, government, technical, administrative and professional, computer programming/systems analysis, consulting, human resources, and retail.
This list will be continuously updated through the date of the fair: http://www.mnpcfair.org/students/search/default.aspx.
How to register for the Fair:
- Attend a Job and Internship Fair Information Session - sign up for Info Session on Handshake.
- Schedule a Job & Internship Fair Strategies appointment with a XPD career coach/counselor.
- Register and make payment for the MNPC fair through Handshake by 4:30 p.m., February 18th.
- Upload a resume to the MNPC's Resume Center.
- Review Job Fair Preparation/Etiquette.
Maximize Your Efforts:
- Send a customized resume and cover letter indicating your interest in a particular position prior to the Fair (to those employers accepting correspondence).
- Upload your resume to the MNPC's site; employers can view resumes and arrange pre-select interviews with candidates. The MNPC resume site should not be confused with Handshake.
- Before/after the fair, you will want to have your resume uploaded in our on-line career tool, Handshake, as another method to link quality candidates with quality employers.
- Attend the Student/Alum Networking Reception the evening before the Fair, 6 pm - 8 pm, Feb. 26th at Securian Financial (400 Robert St N, St Paul, MN 55101). Register for the reception though the fair registration on Handshake.
(Click this icon to bring you to the main webpage.)