The CSB/SJU academic (for credit) internship experience is a form of experiential education that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skill development in a professional setting.
- Internships generally run 10-20 hours per week over a 16-week semester or 12 weeks over the summer
- During the academic year, students typically participate in internships part time while taking classes
- Full-time internships are possible, especially during the summer
- Students seek local, national and international internships within organizations of all sizes, industries and types
- Internships can be paid or not paid, for credit or no credit
- Academic (for credit) internships are a three-way partnership between the educational instruction, the host organization, and the student interns