The Hive is a platform that links faculty, advisors, student services and students in a connected community designed to enhance student success through mutual support.
In The Hive, your network of mentors is here for you as soon as you decide to become a Bennie or a Johnnie. The Hive makes it easy to access that network so you can thrive. Help is just a click away.
Where do I start?
- Student Guide to Getting Started
- How to Navigate The Hive Updated January 2021!
- How to Raise Your Hand and Request Help with The Hive
- Video Tutorials and Demonstrations
Is there an App?
No, there is not an App for The HIVE, however all student facing pages in The HIVE are mobile responsive, this means The HIVE should display well on a PC, phone or tablet for all student users! Save or bookmark the log in link to easily access The HIVE from your favorite devices.
How do I look up office hours or schedule appointments?
What can you use The Hive for?
- View service hours for campus resources or office hours for your faculty and schedule appointments online through the My Success Network.
- Receive appointment reminder messages so you never forget an appointment.
- Receive notifications: Flags, High Fives or Referrals from your instructors regarding your academic performance in class.
- Reply to the email to communicate with your instructor or follow the steps in the email to contact campus resources.
- Some of these notifications may result in other support providers like academic advisors, financial aid or residential life staff, reaching out to help connect you to appropriate resources.
- Flags, High Fives, and Referrals received via The Hive are simply notifications and do not indicate grades. If you receive a Flag or a Referral, you are strongly encouraged to take action early and speak with your instructor and/or advisor. If you receive a High Five, celebrate your success!
- All information in The Hive is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Protection Act (FERPA). Please see the privacy notice for The Hive for more details.
Have more questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions