Degree Outcomes: MA Liturgical Music
- Students will demonstrate basic knowledge in liturgy and theology.
- Students will demonstrate theological understanding of the principal rites of the Church, including initiation, eucharist, and rites of healing and vocation.
- Students will demonstrate theological and liturgical understanding of the role of music in worship.
- Students will demonstrate musical excellence in a major area, and competence in other musical skills necessary for music ministry.
- Students will complete juries and perform a full recital/ project demonstrating performance excellence in their major area (organ, voice, or composition).
- Students will complete juries and demonstrate basic performance competence in their secondary area (keyboard or voice).
- Students will demonstrate basic competence at playing keyboard and cantoring in the liturgy.
- Students will demonstrate competence in choral conducting.
3. Students will develop an understanding of liturgical music ministry which integrates intellectual, spiritual, pastoral, and human formation.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to reflect on and grow in their competence in the four formation areas.
- Students will articulate their understanding of liturgical music ministry and their integration of the four formation areas.