The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act of 1974 requires transcript requests be in writing or in person.
- No transcript will be released to any student who has not settled all financial obligations to CSB/SJU.
- A hold may be placed on transcripts until all tuition, fees, room and board are paid in full.
- eTranscript requests that are on hold will remain in the system for 15 days. If the hold is not resolved, the order will be automatically cancelled.
Banner Self-Service- Current students may view their unofficial transcript here
Online requests (eTranscript) - Official paper copies or official PDF version
The National Student Clearinghouse has been authorized to provide online transcript ordering service for all current and former CSB/SJU students. Individuals who have both a major credit card and a valid email address can request an official transcript through this service.
Ordering Site: College of St Benedict & St John's University - Transcripts that are cleared for release by the Student Accounts Office are sent within 3 business days of receipt of the request.
If you are on the National Student Clearinghouse website, the institutions are only accessible as "College of St Benedict & St John's University (MN)"
Format Fee per Copy
Mail/Hold for Pickup $10.50
ETX* (electronic exchange) $10.50
Official PDF $12.25
*When ETX is available between CSB/SJU and other educational institutions or organizations, the electronic PDF option will NOT be available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: How do I track the status of my transcript order?
Q: How do I retain a copy of an official PDF without a password?
Q: What do I do if I am having trouble opening or viewing the PDF transcript?
- National Student Clearinghouse Troubleshooting Assistance
- Update your Adobe Reader
- Install Adobe Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
- Save the file to the desktop from the email
- Open Adobe Reader
- Click on File and Open
- Browse to the file on the desktop
- Click OK
Office of the Registrar - Transcript Coordinator
College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University
P.O. Box 5511
Collegeville, MN 56321
Fax: (320) 363-2714