Register for events, update your membership, and get Outdoor U gear all in one place!
Join Saint John's Outdoor U Today!
Outdoor University members make a lasting difference.
Memberships support Saint John's Outdoor University and the Abbey Arboretum. With your help we will continue to make great strides in environmental and outdoor education, and land stewardship.
- Make your donation automatic. Choose monthly or annual payments starting at $10.
- CSB/SJU employees can sign up for an automatic payroll deduction.
Suggested Annual Membership Levels
- $10 Student (or recent graduate within 3 years)
- $25 Individual
- $40 Family
- $75 Supporting
- $100 Steward
- $___ Other
- Sagatagan Seasons, the quarterly newsletter of Saint John's Outdoor University;
- Support for and access to Abbey Arboretum land and trails;
- Special invitations and discounted fees for educational programs and events;
- Discount prices on gear rentals at the Outdoor Leadership Center;
- Invitation to the Member and Volunteer Appreciation Open House in December.
- Access to Saint John’s Bailey Herbarium and Natural History Museum;
- Use of the cross country ski trails and an introductory ski lesson.
Member Supported Projects
More than 8000 preK-12 grade students participated in field trips hosted by Saint John's Outdoor University each year.
The environmental education fellowship helps us continue to expand our environmental education programs for preK-12 graders, CSB/SJU students, and the community.
The Abbey Arboretum is restoring an additional 12 acres of former farmland to native prairie. Planting was completed on the land behind West Gemini Lake in the summer of 2008.
Prescribed burns are completed during the fall and spring when conditions are right. These burns promote the health and beauty of the prairie and oak savanna.
The Saint John's Outdoor U is coming to your local library! Requests for our summer and winter library programs are growing each year.
WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
Your contribution to Saint John's Outdoor University is
tax-deductible. Saint John's University will mail you a confirmation of your contribution complete with tax information. For more information, or to ask a question please contact us.