Collegebound at CSB/SJU
2021 trips are tentatively being planned.
We hope to offer the Collegebound outdoor orientation program this August. We are exploring options to make that happen in a covid-safe way. The program will likely have a number of changes to allow us to keep students and our communities safe while working towards the goals of Collegebound. Stay tuned to Outdoor U and Admissions for further information and updates into the spring. The earliest registration will open is May 1, 2021.
2020 Trip Options
- $395 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Limited scholarships are available. Contact us or your Admissions counselor for details.
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear (if needed), and an incredible experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
Additional costs may include lunch food on the travel days and any souvenirs.
- If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, contact Collegebound Director Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136).
2020 Trip Itinerary
- Wednesday, August 19, Arrive on campus, move into your academic year housing, Collegebound group meeting, gear sorting/packing, and Collegebound orientation dinner
- Thursday, August 20, Travel to the Arrowhead region of Northern Minnesota.
- Friday-Monday, August 21-24, Canoe, backpack, camp, and adventure in your small Collegebound group of 6-8 first-years and 2-3 student leaders (single-gender groups).
- Tuesday, August 25, All groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- Wednesday, August 26, Return to campus, unpack, clean and return all gear, sleep in your campus housing.
- Thursday, August 27, All first-year students move in and the required on-campus First-Year Student Orientation begins
Email [email protected] or contact: