Calendar of Events
Women's Month March 2013
March 4, 2013
- Women, Horses and Leadership - At noon on Saturday, March 9, at Fieldstone Farms in St. Joseph, women can learn about developing confidence and leadership skills through horseback riding.
- Breakfast with Saima Wahab - At 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 13, students are invited to sign up for a breakfast with keynote speaker Saima Wahab.
- Letters to Women Soldiers - From 5-7 p.m. on Thursday, March 14, join other students in the Gorecki Firesider Lounge to write thank you notes to women soldiers.
- Natural Beauty Day - Students are encouraged to go make-up free on Monday, March 18 and can pick up Natural Beauty Day shirts from the Sister Nancy Hynes Institute for Women's Leadership office in upper Mary Commons.
- Lunch with President MaryAnn Baenninger - From 12:30-1:30 p.m. on Monday, March 18 in the Teresa Reception Center boardroom, students are invited to join Baenninger in a conversation about Anne-Marie Slaughter's article in The Atlantic magazine, "Why Women Still Can't Have It All."
- "Spin the Bottle: Sex, Lies and Alcohol" - At 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, join students in the Teresa Reception Center boardroom for a screening of this documentary concerning the role popular culture has on alcohol consumption, specifically in the college atmosphere.