CSB/SJU Music Department COVID-19 Protocols by Specific Areas:
- Vocal Ensembles Protocols
- Instrumental Ensembles Protocols
- Voice Studio Protocols
- Keyboard Studio Protocols
- Instrumental Studio Protocols
- Practice Room Protocols
Even in these difficult times, someone is always here to answer your questions about music at St. Ben’s/St. Johns. We are happy to chat about anything regarding music — direct your questions/inquiries to David Arnott, CSB/SJU Music Department Chair.
Find your music within
Our Music Department offers opportunities to student musicians across all disciplines — taught by exceptional faculty in world-class facilities. Together, we prepare dynamic leaders for the modern musical community.
Music is for everyone — not just Majors!
Overview of Program
- Music Major with concentrations in Music Education (Instrumental or Vocal), Performance, Composition, Liturgical Music, and Music Studies
- Outstanding musical facilities for performance and pedagogy
- Excellent music library collection
- Successful graduates
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Outstanding faculty of practicing musicians.
- Student ensembles tour nationally and internationally.
- Many opportunities to double major.
- Workshops in popular music topics such as song writing and composing for video games.
- A quarter of all CSB/SJU students are in music classes or ensembles each semester.