Monday, May 16 — Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Location: Ruttger’s Bay Lake Lodge, Deerwood, MN
The Summer Institute is a personal enrichment and professional development opportunity for CSB/SJU faculty, staff and administrators. In designing this institute, we believe one of the primary ways we learn about the process of vocational discernment is through careful and committed listening to self and others. Our time in personal reflection, listening, and discussion with colleagues cultivates our ability to assist students in their own vocational discernment. We will engage in vocational reflection privately, in small groups, and within the entire community of participants.
2008 Summer Institute 2010 Summer Institute
Each day of the Institute focuses on addressing the following questions:
- Monday: What does it mean to reflect on our lives from a vocational perspective?
- Tuesday: How do we discern our vocation?
- Wednesday: How can these tools and processes be incorporated into our work with students? With our greater campus community?
Enrollment in the Institute is limited to twenty participants. Preference will be given to faculty applicants from various disciplines, and administrators and support staff from various departments who have significant interface with students. Participants who are not selected to attend the first year will be given priority in subsequent years.
The Institute will be co-facilitated by the Companions on a Journey staff - Mary Reuter, O.S.B., and invited presenters.
- Complete the online application which includes a brief reflection on the your current vocational aspirations and why you would like to attend the Institute.
- The Human Resources department has approved this as compensable professional development activity for support staff and administrative employees. In order to participate, support and administrative employees must obtain prior approval from their supervisor endorsing their attendance and submit supporting documentation.
Lodging, meals, and mileage costs are covered. For further information, contact Sister Mary Reuter, Interim Director, at 5935 or Jodie Peschl, Administrative Assistant at 5939.
For more information about Ruttger's Bay Lake Lodge visit their Web Site.
The Summer Institute is a staff and faculty development program offered by Companions on a Journey for the Theological Exploration of Vocation at the College of Saint Benedict and is funded by a grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.