Achieve the highest level of nursing education
The Doctor of Nursing Practice: Family Nurse Practitioner track prepares actively practicing RNs to care for patients across their lifespan.
As a FNP student, you will be taught how to complete comprehensive health assessments, order appropriate diagnostic tests, complete advanced level procedural skills, manage and diagnose acute and chronic conditions and serve as a primary health care provider in a variety of settings. Students are able to design models of health care delivery, evaluate clinical outcomes, identify and manage the health care needs of diverse populations, and use technology and information to transform the field.
In addition, you will be able to provide patient care in a variety of practice settings, including homes, hospitals, offices, schools, community health centers, rural health centers, public and private clinics and private practices.
- A 4-year nursing degree from an accredited program conferred prior to the start of the program
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state in which clinicals will occur
- Preferred qualifications for admission include at least 1-2 year of work experience as an RN prior to beginning clinical practicum course work.
- For new baccalaureate graduates, admission will be conditional pending licensure by the end of the summer semester.
Tuition is charged based on the number of credits taken per semester.
DNP-FNP: $830 per credit hour
You will also be charged a Program or Technology Fee each semester. In some semesters, you may be charged additional fees (such as simulation laboratory fees) that are associated with certain courses.
Personalized financial assistance is available through the financial aid office.
There may be the opportunity for tuition discounts if you are an alum, employee of CentraCare or the VA health system. There are limited opportunities for graduate nursing assistantships that could reduce tuition cost. Please contact the graduate nursing program chair for more information about tuition discounts or the graduate nursing assistantship.