Apply to Semester Program
The Application for first- and second-round consideration for 2018/2019 Semester Study Abroad programs is now closed. Select programs will stilll accept applications, on a space available basis.
Spaces Available -
Spring Germany - 2 (Lang. prereq. 300 Level German course)
Spring Guatemala - 3 (Lang. prereq. HISP 112)
Spring Spain - 5 (Lang. prereq. HISP 312)
For further information, please contact the Center for Global Education at [email protected].
A complete application will include ALL of the items listed below. You are responsible for electronically submitting 1. Online Application and $300 Online Application Fee and 2. Recommendation Request Form.
1. Online Application and $300 Online Application Fee*:
The $300 Application Fee will need to be paid online at the end of your application, please have a debit or credit card ready. This fee covers application processing fees, pre-departure and re-entry programming, miscellaneous insurance, and emergency evacuation or repatriation of remains. This fee is non‑refundable if you are accepted for a program, but will be refunded if you are not accepted.
Every study abroad applicant is required to have three references:
- Faculty or Academic Advisor
- Faculty Member
- Non-Faculty Member (Should be a member of the CSB/SJU community. This person could be a coach, work supervisor, FR/RD, etc. PLEASE NOTE THIS CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BY A RA OR OTHER STUDENT PEER!)
Students applying to Chile, Germany, Guatemala, and Spain are required to request a Language Recommendation. Students applying to Austria, China, France, and Japan who HAVE COMPLETED language courses should also request this recommendation.
- Language Recommendation (completed by an instructor who can attest to your abilities in the program's language).
You must request your recommendations via the link above. This can be done at any point in the process; you do not need to wait until your application is complete. This online form must be filled out in addition to the Study Abroad Application.
You should speak with your prospective references BEFORE listing them on your application. They should be familiar with your academic, personal, or professional goals. Please request that your references submit the online recommendation form by the application deadline.
If you plan to request an off-campus reference, please follow the instructions listed on the on-line request form.
On your behalf, the Center for Global Education will obtain:
1. Academic transcript: this will be requested by the Center for Global Education Abroad for all CSB/SJU applicants.
2. Behavior Violation Records: Behavior violation reports will be requested by CGE for all CSB/SJU applicants. If you have questions or concerns about your violations, please contact the Dean of Students Office. Students: please allow for 5 business days for any inquiry on personal behavior violations.
Jody L. Terhaar Michael P. Connolly
CSB Dean of Students SJU Dean of Students
Murray Hall 227 Sexton 210
Ext. 5601 Ext. 3512
*The $300 application fee is not meant to deter study abroad application. CGE offers a payment plan in which you can spread out your application fee in 3 monthly payments of $100 each. Please contact the Center for Global Education (320-363-5952) to set up an appointment to discuss financing study abroad and to be approved for the payment plan.