Short-Term International Programs
In addition to the semester-long study abroad programs offered each year, CSB/SJU sponsors a large variety of short-term, international programs. These programs typically take place during the Winter Break, Spring Break or Summer Term. They can range from two to eight weeks in length. These programs change every year depending on student and faculty areas of interest.
The short-term programs offer students who would not otherwise be able to study abroad for a semester the chance to travel internationally during their undergraduate academic career. In addition, these programs can be a great addition to any semester study abroad program to further enhance students' global resumes.
For further details about the courses being offered, or to sign up for these great opportunities, contact the sponsoring professors, departments, or the Center for Global Education.
Deadlines for applying to the short-term programs vary. Students are encouraged to inquire with the Program Director now and apply early! Students are accepted on a rolling basis and some programs may fill quickly.
2015-2016 International Short-Term Programs
- Bahamas: Biology, March 17-28, 2016 (for credit)
- Dominican Republic: ABE, March 19-27, 2016 (not-for-credit)
- Ecuador: ABE, March 19-27, 2016 (not-for-credit)
- Guatemala: ABE, March 19-27, 2016 (not-for-credit)
- Guatemala: VIDA, March 19-27, 2016 (not-for-credit)
- EDUC 280A: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Education, May 12-June 1, 2016 (for credit)
- LLAS 280B: Brazil: Modern Brazil: Its People and Culture, May 10-30, 2016 (for credit)
- Dominican Republic: Be the Change: Learning Through Service, May 10-31, 2016 (not-for-credit)- Applications are now closed.
- BIOL 348/373G: Ecuador: Biology, Tentative Dates May 14-June14, 2016 or July 2-August 2, 2016 (for credit)
- GEND 180: Ecuador: Gender and Culture, June 6-27, 2016 (for credit)- Applications are now closed.
- COLG 280O: London & Paris: Culture and Reflection, May 9-23, 2016 (for credit)- PROGRAM IS FULL!
- Honduras: Global Medical Brigades, May 9-May 15, 2016 (not-for-credit)
- COLG 280I: Ireland: Ireland's People & Culture, May 13-June 4, 2016 (for credit)
- COLG 280P: Israel: Archaeological Field School, May 28-July 3, 106 (for credit)
- Israel, Palestine & Turkey: Theology, Dates TBA (for credit, graduate course through School of Theology)
- ENGL 280A: Italy: Cultural and Ethical Aspects of Creative Writing, May 7-June 7, 2016 (for credit)- PROGRAM IS FULL!
- COLG 280R: Japan: Japan's Nuclear Ground Zeros, May 7-25, 2016 (for credit)
- ENVR 200F: Nepal: Experiencing Nepal: Environment and Society in the Himalaya, May 11-June 11, 2016 (tentative)(for credit)- PROGRAM CANCELLED
- GEND 180: Scandinavia: Gender Equal and Happy?, May 16-May 27, 2016 (for credit, IC and/or GE)
- HISP 200/211: Spain: Spanish Language & Culture, May 12-June 17, 2015 OR June 16-July 22 (for credit)
- South Korea: Gender Studies, May 9-25, 2016 (for credit, pending approval)- PROGRAM IS FULL!
- EDUC 368: Sweden: Education ITE, May 10-6 June, 2016 (for credit)
- GBUS 280A: Sweden & Denmark: Sustainability, Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship in Scandinavia, August 5-August 19, 2016 (for credit)