Exercise Science and Sport Studies
The Exercise Science and Sport Studies curriculum provides students the opportunity to explore the topics related to exercise, sport, and physical health from a variety of perspectives.
- The science of exercise and sport
- Coaching education
- Research in exercise science
- Common Curriculum designated courses
Graduates of the Exercise Science and Sport Studies program continue their education in graduate school and/or go on to work in a variety of health, fitness, or sport fields. Meet our graduates.
- Small classes and labs give you plenty of faculty interaction throughout your degree program.
- Many opportunities for independent research. See Undergraduate Research.
- Excellent laboratory facilities and equipment. See the facilities.
- Student Employment opportunities a laboratory assistant, sports medicine assistant, personal trainer, or strength and conditioning assistant.
Alumna Spotlight: Marie Boo '11
As one of five full-time physical therapists for the Stanford University Department of Athletics in Stanford, California, Marie considers her education and work experiences as fundamental assets to her rising career in sports. Read her story.