Name: Laura Precourt
Position: Sustainability Representative
Studying: Political Science and French
Why did you join Senate: I joined Senate in order to be a voice for sustainable ventures, of all kinds, that Bennies want to see undertaken at CSB. I also was excited by the opportunity to LEAD!
Favorite study spot on campus: First of all, studying is a total blast! I would say my favorite spot is by the windows in Clemens when it is sunny. Otherwise, to be totally honest, I love studying in Alcuin in the room with all the windows in the learning commons. Basically, anywhere that is sunny.
How long have you been on Senate: I have been on Senate since the Spring of 2018.
Other activities on campus: CSB Women's Choir. Bonner Leader Program. Brandl Scholar. Eco House Representative. I also work at the Minnesota Street Market in St. Joe! Come in for a cookie or a bunch of kale!
Email: [email protected]
Sustainability Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Promote and educate the community about campus issues pertaining to the four pillars of sustainability: economic, social, political, and environmental.
- Serve as liaison between the administration and students on campus sustainability issues.
- Meet with CSB staff to address issues pertaining, but not limited to: facilities, grounds, residential life, housing, culinary services and transpiration and their efforts in sustainability
- Serve as a member of the Arboretum Advisory Council.
- Serve as a member of the College Sustainability Council.
- Serve as liaison for the Full Circle Greenhouse.
- Aid in the planning and/or implementation of annual sustainability events and functions on campus.
- Organize tabling events to educate students about proper recycling and compost methods
- Ensure that the college remains dedicated to its sustainability commitments.
- Serve as a member of the Building and Grounds Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as a member of at least one regularly meeting sustainability group on campus (I.e. sustainability alliance, Ecohouses, Climate Action Club, etc).
- Manage the Facebook Ride Share page.
- Receive funds to investigate, propose, fund and enact sustainability efforts on campus.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.