Public Relations Representative
Name: Echo/Jia Zeng
Position: Public Relations Representative
Why did you join Senate: Senate has been the place that offer me support and help me grow as a individual, as a Bennie. I want to join Senate to learn from CSB/SJU community to have deeper understand of Benedictine Value and give back to the community that I profoundly love and offer a hand to other students who might need support.
How long have you been on Senate: This will be my second school year on Senate.
Favorite study spot on campus: Well, this is a very complicated question. When the sun is out I love to seat in both library where I can feel the warnth of the sunlight. While a gloomy day, I would to study near the Perk or the Schu where I can feel the active the crowd passby with a couple of hot coffee. However, if it's a rainy day, I don't want to study, but lying on my bed and linsten to music.
Other activities on campus: I am a AIM Mentor, member of Peer Resource Program - Leading Collegebound every year and co-president of China Cross Cultural Communication Club. I re-start to love rock-climing, so come to hand out at the rock wall.
Email: [email protected]
Public Relations Represenative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Distribute press releases and campus media to the student body.
- Oversee the Public Relations Assistant in updating the Saint Ben’s Senate webpage on the school website.
- Serve as a resource for information on facilities, current policies, printing and advertising Saint Ben’s Senate sponsored events via email and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Preserve the brand of the Saint Ben’s Senate when distributing information on all communication platforms.
- Publicize the Saint Ben’s Senate’s weekly agendas and announcements to the student body over email and social media.
- Coordinate Open and Special Elections for the Saint Ben’s Senate
- Coordinate a Saint Ben’s Senate Public Relations Campaign.
- Coordinate Bennie Day in conjunction with the Community Representative.
- Assist the Underclass Representative in planning fall orientation activities.
- Communicate directly with the President and Vice President regarding all Saint Ben’s Senate public information and its appropriate distribution.
- Serve as a member on the Board of Trustees Marketing and Enrollment Committee.
- Oversee and delegate tasks to the Public Relations Assistant in conjunction with the President.
- Serve as Webpage Designer and receive training from Information Technology Services if necessary.
- Be responsible for ordering Saint Ben’s Senate items and communicating with the Treasurer for spending updates.
- Plan monthly Senate visibility events if no other Senate-organized events take place that month.
- Meet with the Public Relations Assistant once a week.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.