The Institute for Women's Leadership is dedicated to spreading awareness and empowerment. We work to bring relevant issues to light and give women the tools they need to become global leaders. Discussions seminars are a great way to accomplish this goal.
Some of our past discussions and seminars included:
- Bennie and Johnnie: Who Needs the Chapel Walk? A discussion on the pressures tradition places on relationship status.
- Blurred Lines: A discussion on Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus, and popular culture and how they can often trivialize concepts such as consent, sexual harassment, and objectification.
- $mart $tart Wage Negotiation Seminar: Women are still receiving lower pay for the same work as men. Teaching college women to be able to negoatiate fair pay and benefits confidently can help close the gender pay gap.
- Invisible War Screening & Discussion: This renowned film sheds light on a very real and often downplayed fact. Join us as we vierw the documentary and discuss the implications.
- Meninism: Can men be feminists? A discussion on men's roles in fighting for equal rights for women.
- Ms. President: A discussion focusing on whether or not the United States is ready for a female president.
- Women of Special Olympics Panel: Get an inside look on how women with intellectual disabilities and those who work with them, can live a positive and active life, while making a lasting impact on society.
- Girl Rising Screening and Discussion: View the film and discuss the impacts of educating girls and women around the world.
- A League of Their Own: View and discuss this iconic film