College Avenue Athletic Fields
Modernizing athletic facilities at CSB
Putting our best foot forward
With the creation of new dedicated fields and a modern athletic center, we'll bring our athletic facilities up to par with the rest of what we offer at CSB. This gives us a competitive advantage in recruitment — and so much more. And we're doing so in true Benedictine style: without wasteful spending and without splashy, unnecessary extras. Our plan gets right to the heart of the game.
Everything we need — Nothing we don't
- Two soccer/lacrosse fields
- Two softball fields
- Three intramural/multi-use fields
- Athletic center featuring dedicated locker rooms and a training room
- Restrooms and concessions for spectators
- Fixed spectator seating on the varsity softball and soccer fields
A closer look at the project:
Video by Paul Beniek, CSB/SJU IT Services
Putting it into practice
These new athletic fields, which will be located between Centennial Commons and Renner House, will shine a light on our values in several key ways, including:
- Wellness. These fields aren't just for varsity use. Our intramural and club athletes will also use the fields, meaning that they'll serve a substantial portion of our student population. The overall message: Health and wellness matter here.
- Hospitality. These fields say to parents, community members, fans, visitors, opposing teams and prospective students: "Join us, grab a refreshment, find a comfortable seat and enjoy the game. You're welcome here." What's more Benedictine than that?
- Sustainability. The athletic center will be built to a LEED Silver sustainable building standard, and we're focused on LED site and field lighting. All of the storm water and runoff from the site will be contained to protect waterways.