The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are committed to creating and maintaining an environment in which all members of the community are aware of and respect the rights and human dignity of every other member. This commitment extends to our institutionally maintained digital presences including on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. While we encourage members of our virtual community to exchange thoughts and engage in healthy discussion in all formats and venues, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
Content Creation and Distribution
Content created for and shared on official CSB/SJU social media profiles will vary widely in tone and execution. Depending on a network's primary format (photos for Instagram and Pinterest, video for YouTube, some combination of photos and text on Facebook and Twitter) content will include various elements. Regardless of format, CSB/SJU strives to ensure that social media content shared is:
- Factually accurate
- Clear and succinct
- Related to CSB/SJU, its mission, higher education, the liberal arts, and/or of interest or importance to CSB/SJU students, faculty, staff, alumnae/i, and the broader CSB/SJU community
CSB/SJU will not distribute social media content that:
- Infringes on any copyright laws
- Features minors (unless a parent or guardian has given explicit consent)
- Contains elements that are obscene, threatening or offensive
All comments posted on CSB/SJU pages will be moderated. We reserve the right to not approve any content and/or comment considered inappropriate for any reason. To ensure these conversations remain safe, open and respectful, CSB/SJU strives to prevent the posting of content and/or comments meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Comments containing or linking to sites containing hate speech
- Comments containing or linking to sites containing profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- Comments containing or linking to sites containing defamation to a person or people (including name calling and personal attacks)
- Comments with a primary purpose of selling a product
- Comments that infringe on copyrights
- Spam comments
Questions or comments should be directed to CSB/SJU's social media specialist, Tiffany Clements, at email@example.com
or (320) 363-5908.
Have a great story, video or photo you'd like to see shared on CSB/SJU's official social media profiles? Let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text message to (320) 300-0889.