In The News
- CSB/SJU Opens Donald McNeely Center for Entrepreneurship, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
- College Program Trains Hopeful Entrepreneurs, Saint Cloud Times
- Entrepreneur Scholars: A Real World Experience, The Record
- Lessons in Entrepreneurship, CSB/SJU Spring 2005 Magazine (.pdf document)
- Entrepreneur Scholar Plans a Business, CSB/SJU Spring 2005 Magazine (.pdf document)
- Coleman Foundation Grants $60,000 to support creation of EduCases
Coleman Foundation Grants $60,000 for new project of the Center
A $60,000 grant from the Coleman Foundation, based in Chicago, allows the Donald McNeely Center for Entrepreneurship to launch a new project that will improved the classroom education about entrepreneurship.
The Donald McNeely Center is beginning to publish business cases featuring alumni run enterprises called EduCases. The business cases are written for use in undergaduate classes in a range of areas of study across the liberal arts curriculum. Student and faculty teams are researching and writing a narrative about the venture and the entrepreneur. A professionally done DVD provides a new set of information about the venture, its founders, its operations and the challenges it is facing. Four cases are planned for this first year. This grant builds on a development grant from the Coleman Foundation received in 2005. EduCases will be sold across the country for use in undergraduate classrooms.