The biochemistry major combines the strengths of both our chemistry and biology faculty. This gives our students the opportunity to do the kind of original research that will get them prepared for their future-either in graduate school, medical school or in the job market.
Overview of Program
- Consists of 46 credits in biology and chemistry
- Includes 5 chemistry courses, 5 biology courses and 4 credit of biochemistry electives.
- The 46 credit course rquirement also includes a 2 credit capstone.
- 16 credits of supporting math and physics are also required.
- Many students also have a minor.
- Approximately half of the biochemistry majors study abroad.
- Course requirements strongly align with many pre-health prerequisites.