Tips for First-time Fliers
- Bring picture identification with you to the airport.
- Review your ticket and make sure you know on which airline you are flying - that will determine which check-in counter you need to find.
- Arrive at the airport two hours before your departure time so you have time to check-in. Have your confirmation letter with our contact numbers and directions to our Welcome Booth at the Minneapolis Airport.
- Since you are only staying two nights, you might be able to pack your belongings into a small bag and carry them on the plane, as opposed to checking your bag. There is no fee to carry-on a small piece of luggage. However, if you do plan to carry-on your bag, make sure you are following the Transportation Security Administration's 3-1-1 carry-on rules. If you need to check your bag there will be a fee associated, which will cost you approximately $25 one way, so $50 roundtrip. Be sure to have money on you if you need to check your bag at the airport.
- The weather forecast...Minnesota may be a little colder than home at this time of year. You will want to bring a jacket to be on the safe side. Check our local weather forecast.
- You do not need any formal clothing...bring comfortable clothes because you will be walking around a lot and exploring all we have to offer...comfortable shoes are important!
We're looking forward to seeing you!
Office of Admission
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John's University
2850 Abbey Plaza
PO Box 7155
Collegeville, MN 56321
Office: (320) 363-5060
Toll Free: (800) 544-1489
Fax: (320) 363-5650