Welcome to Our Global Community
CSB/SJU attract students from around the world who are seeking an excellent education, and attract globally-minded U.S. students who welcome the opportunity to form friendships with students from other countries. The schools recently received national recognition (NAFSA's Senator Paul Simon Award) for our efforts to internationalize our campuses.
CSB/SJU offer the programs, resources and staff to ensure that our international students feel at home in our community and have a rewarding academic experience. Our graduates are prepared to work and live in a global society. We hope you'll join us.
A Unique Partnership
Through our one-of-a-kind partnership, CSB/SJU students share two campuses and one combined academic curriculum - students from both schools attend classes together and use the academic facilities, dining halls, fine arts facilities, libraries, and athletic centers on both campuses.
The colleges are set amid 3,500 acres (1,400 hectares) of lakes, woods, prairie and wetlands and have 15 miles (24 kilometers) of hiking trails. Campus buildings include beautifully restored historic structures and contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities. The CSB/SJU setting is ideal for outdoor activities. Running, biking, rowing and fishing are among the popular options. Students have easy access to the shopping, dining and entertainment of nearby St. Cloud, Minnesota.
An Ideal Location
Our beautiful campuses are located in central Minnesota - on the western edge of the St. Cloud metropolitan area (pop. 120,000). The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul (pop. 3.3 million) are an hour to the southeast via interstate 94.
Minnesota ranks among the top states in the U.S. for quality of life, health, business, employment, and safety. It is ranked second for the most Fortune 500 companies per capita.
CSB/SJU students experience the beauty and variety of four distinct seasons with warm summers, colorful falls, snowy winters, and refreshing springs.
Diverse Student Body
- 1,937 women at CSB and 1,720 men at SJU representing approximately 38 states and 21 countries.
- International students make up four to five percent of student body.
- More than 100 academic, special interest, political and service organizations, including Asia Club, Bahamian Club, French Club, German Club, and the International Student Organization.
- Twenty-seven intramural and club sports.
- 23 varsity sports.
The Residential Facilities
- All first-year and sophomore students live in single or double rooms in residence halls.
- Four-person and six-person apartments are available to juniors and seniors.
- Unique Mentor Program and an on-going orientation/U.S. culture class ensure all new international students receive high quality support for cultural adjustments and classroom success.
- Job-search assistance includes a strong and successful network for graduates, on-campus interviews with many companies, and a career resource center offering ongoing programs. See what recent graduates are doing.
- Internship opportunities with corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations in Minnesota and throughout the U.S.
- Extensive opportunities for volunteer service locally, nationally and internationally.
- International Student Adviser, International Student Academic Adviser, International Student Admission Office, English as a Second Language Program, and writing and math labs.
- health services available on both campuses. A major regional hospital is located close by.
- Safety - 24 hour fully staffed security and escort services enhances an already very safe environment.
- University-sponsored, semester-long international study opportunities on six continents.