Meet Teri Durbin
- Title: Director of Admission Services/Transfer and Readmit Student Coordinator
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 320-363-5852
- Responsibilities: All transfer and readmit students, students from Cathedral HS in St. Cloud, Minnesota and Idaho
- Hometown: Belgrade, Minnesota
- High School: Belgrade
- College: 1986 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major: Social Work/Pre-physical Therapy
More about Teri's college experience: I absolutely loved the environment at CSB/SJU — for me it was the perfect fit. I was involved in intramurals, playing volleyball, snow football, and broomball. I also was a member of a number of clubs including the Social Work Club where I was an officer, Alpha Kappa Sigma (AKS) which is a service sorority on campus and the Peer Resource Program (PRP). I was part of the planning group in PRP that planned and "built" the challenge course on campus.
Studying abroad: One of my absolute best experiences at CSB/SJU was spending a semester abroad. I spent the fall semester of my senior year studying in London, England and would recommend this experience to anyone! Having grown up in a small town in Central Minnesota, I loved the opportunity to live in a large city that seemed to be alive 24 hours a day! We lived in flats just one block from Hyde Park, traveled the British countryside exploring castles, churches and other historic sites. We also had a chance to travel through Scotland and Wales for a week of the semester, as well as to Ireland where we switched places and lived in the cottages near Spiddal while our friends in the Irish program lived in our flats in London. In addition, I was able to travel Europe for six weeks following the semester, seeing Spain, Belgium, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland and so much more. One of my most memorable experiences was the opportunity to attend midnight mass on Christmas Eve at St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City with Pope John Paul II leading the mass. Incredible!
Fun facts: While I didn’t marry a Johnnie, my husband, Mike, also works on campus as the women’s basketball coach. Our daughter, Morgan is a senior at CSB/SJU and captain of the Blazer cross country and track and field teams. We also have a Miniature Schnauzer, Chadwick, who is full of personality and keeps us on our toes. I enjoy reading, quilting, knitting, golfing, and working logic puzzles as well as regular puzzles. I genuinely enjoy traveling and learning about other cultures - and love the opportunity to meet new people!
- Movies: Life is Beautiful, Dances with Wolves, Warhorse, Cinderella Man
- Books: My Sister's Keeper, The Milennium Trilogy, Harry Potter Series, A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Music: Rick Springfield (yes, I have seen him in concert a number of times!), the Eagles, Styx, Bruce Springsteen (hmmm, sounds like a playlist out of the 80's!)
- TV Shows: The Today Show, CSI series, Criminal Minds