Counselor Recommendation Form
About Upward Bound
Upward Bound Programs have a thirty-year history of demonstrated success. Upward Bound provides:
- After school tutoring in academic subjects and instruction in study skills and time management.
- Academic, financial and personal counseling.
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events.
- Mentoring programs with college students and the business community.
- Information on post-secondary education opportunities.
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications.
- Preparation for ACT and SAT college entrance exams.
Upward Bound Programs seek to motivate and prepare students to go to college and persist in a post-secondary program of study. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rates at which participants complete high school, enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education.
About this Form
This recommendation form is an important part of the student application process.
We recognize that the completion of this form will require a valuable amount of your time, but the selection of participants to our program results in large measure on the information and personal evaluations sought on this form.