Career EXPO | Students
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Gorecki Conference Center, CSB
Students from all classes, majors, career interests are invited to participate in Career EXPO. Learn about major and career possibilities, network with alums, and learn how to present yourself to professionals. Career Services looks forward to working with you prior to EXPO (resumes, business cards, elevator speeches, dress ...) as you prepare to meet 150+ alums and employers.
- Sign up to be matched with an alum for a one-to-one or small group (2-3 students with an alum) conversation about you’re their career and how to make the most of your time as a student over a meal or coffee. You will be matched based on your career interest, major, plans for post-grad, etc. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about a Johnnie or Bennies story and gain experience in informational interviewing.
- Hear from a panel of alums about major options and career possibilities; meet alums from a variety of fields.
- Dress: Come as you are; it's most important that you attend
- Maximize your EXPO learning
Learn about organizations, positions (jobs, internships, research, volunteering), and careers
- Organizations will share information about their organization and career opportunities. Some organizations will share jobs and internships.
- Dress: Business casual or a suit
- Feel free to bring resumes, business cards, and questions
- Prepare to maximize your experience (successfully navigating a Fair, elevator speeches ....)
- LinkedIn Photos: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. - Upper Gorecki
- Get a professional photo taken to use for your LinkedIn Profile!
Gain valuable career knowledge and skills while building professional relationships with alums.