Sustainability at CSB
Broadly defined, sustainability means meeting society's present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. As a Catholic, Benedictine institution, the College of Saint Benedict accepts that all creation is a gift; in exchange we are expected to care for creation and provide stewardship for the entire community of life on Earth. Our commitment to this stewardship, by definition, incorporates the principles of sustainability: our actions should be ecologically sound, socially just, and economically viable today and should continue to be so for future generations.
As an institution committed to the Benedictine tradition and the principles of sustainability, we will work to emphasize and embed these concepts into our educational mission, the operation of the physical campus, and our outreach to communities beyond the college.
Every action, no matter how big or small, has an impact.
The who, why and how of Sustainability at Saint Ben's.
Sustainability-in-action across campus.
Featured news and events
- Full Circle Greenhouse just celebrated their first harvest on February11th
- Check out our newest CSB Sustainability Office video:
- CSB and SJU are now part of a ridesharing service called Zimride
- CSB opens Full Circle Greenhouse
- First year student survey shows support for sustainability
- Check out our latest Sustainable CSB Newsletter
Watch a video about hunger and homelessness in our own backyard:
CSB Sustainability Office
Main G010, College of Saint Benedict