Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.

Forms for Students

As a student employee you will need to complete employment forms.  This page includes information about both required and optional employment forms and where to submit completed forms. 

Required Employment Forms:

The following forms are required from all student employees before they can be paid.  Click the name to get to the actual form. 

  • Notification of Hiring Form (NOH)

    • The NOH is an online form that notifies the Student Employment Office of where you plan to work.  Your job will not be set up until you complete an NOH, and the NOH is approved by your supervisor.  
  • Student Employment Contract

    • The contract includes information about what is expected of you as a student employee at CSB/SJU.

  • I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form

    • The I-9 is a verification of your identity and employment eligibility.
    • To complete the I-9 you will need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office, and they must be original documents (no photocopies).

      • Most students bring either:
        • Passport  or
        • Driver's License and Social Security Card
        • The last page of the I-9 provides a complete list of acceptable documents;
    • The I-9 must be completed in person at the Student Employment Office no later than the first day of employment.

  • Direct Deposit Form

    • The direct deposit form gives the Student Employment Office information about where you would like to have your earnings deposited. 
    • This form is required even if you are planning to have your earnings go to your campus billing account. 
    • Please include a voided check or proof of your bank's routing number and your account number.

  • W-4 Tax Withholding Form

    • The W-4 determines the amount of taxes that will be withheld from your paycheck each month. 

Optional Employment Forms:

The following forms are optional and/or only pertain to certain student employees.  Click the name to get to the actual form. 

  • Billing Account Payroll Deduction Form

    • If you would like any of your earnings to be deposited in your CSB/SJU billing account (tuition account) you will need to complete this form.

  • Electronic W-2 Consent

    • Please complete this form to receive your W-2 electronically.
    • Benefits of receiving your W-2 electronically:
      • Convenient - Access your W-2 when you need it for filing taxes.
      • Faster - No need to wait for your W-2 to be mailed via U.S. mail.
      • Greener - Waste less paper
  • Minnesota W-4 Tax Withholding Form

    • The Minnesota W-4 needs to be completed if you:
      • claimed exempton federal withholding or want to claim exempt from Minnesota witholding
      • want to claim a different number of Minnesota withholding allowances than federal allowances
      • want additional Minnesota withholding deducted from your pay each pay period
      • want to claim more than 10 Minnesota withholding allowances
  • Minnesota Reciprocity Form

    • If you are from Michigan or North Dakota you can complete this form so that MN State Taxes are not withheld from your paycheck.

How to Submit Employment Forms:

You can turn in completed employment forms in any of the following ways:

  • Bring to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus
    • Hours:  8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
    • Where:
      • CSB office is located in Main 244
      • SJU Office is located in Quad 154
  • Mail to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus

    • CSB mailing address is:
      37 S. College Ave
      St. Joseph, MN 56374
    • SJU mailing address is:
      PO Box 5000
      Collegeville, MN 56321

    • Remember that the Student Employment Office will need to see supporting documents to complete the I-9

  • Scan and email completed forms to

    • To complete the I-9,  you will still need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office.