Forms for Students
As a student employee you will need to complete employment forms. This page includes information about both required and optional employment forms and where to submit completed forms.
Required Employment Forms:
The following forms are required from all student employees before they can be paid. Click the name to get to the actual form.
- The NOH is an online form that notifies the Student Employment Office of where you plan to work. Your job will not be set up until you complete an NOH, and the NOH is approved by your supervisor.
- The I-9 is a verification of your identity and employment eligibility.
To complete the I-9 you will need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office, and they must be original documents (no photocopies).
- Most students bring either:
- Passport or
- Driver's License and Social Security Card
- The last page of the I-9 provides a complete list of acceptable documents;
The I-9 must be completed in person at the Student Employment Office no later than the first day of employment.
- The direct deposit form gives the Student Employment Office information about where you would like to have your earnings deposited.
- This form is required even if you are planning to have your earnings go to your campus billing account.
- Please include a voided check or proof of your bank's routing number and your account number.
Optional Employment Forms:
The following forms are optional and/or only pertain to certain student employees. Click the name to get to the actual form.
- Please complete this form to receive your W-2 electronically.
- Benefits of receiving your W-2 electronically:
- Convenient - Access your W-2 when you need it for filing taxes.
- Faster - No need to wait for your W-2 to be mailed via U.S. mail.
- Greener - Waste less paper
- The Minnesota W-4 needs to be completed if you:
- claimed exempton federal withholding or want to claim exempt from Minnesota witholding
- want to claim a different number of Minnesota withholding allowances than federal allowances
- want additional Minnesota withholding deducted from your pay each pay period
- want to claim more than 10 Minnesota withholding allowances
- If you are from Michigan or North Dakota you can complete this form so that MN State Taxes are not withheld from your paycheck.
How to Submit Employment Forms:
You can turn in completed employment forms in any of the following ways:
- Bring to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- CSB office is located in Main 244
- SJU Office is located in Quad 154
Mail to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus
- CSB mailing address is:
37 S. College Ave
St. Joseph, MN 56374
SJU mailing address is:
PO Box 5000
Collegeville, MN 56321
Remember that the Student Employment Office will need to see supporting documents to complete the I-9
- To complete the I-9, you will still need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office.