How to Find a Job
As an incoming student with a work award you have two options on how to find a job:
- Find Your Own Job
This option allows you to complete a traditional job search. You can view job postings online and apply for jobs that interest you.
Remember to complete a Notification of Hiring (NOH) form after securing a job.
- Be Placed in a Position
The placement positions for this year have all been filled; this is not currently an option. If you need help finding a job p
To Find Your Own Job
- View Available Positions
- All open positions are posted on the CSB/SJU Student Employment Jobs website at: https://apps.csbsju.edu/sejobs/.
- Select Fall 2016.
- You will be prompted for a username and password.
- Your username is the same as the first part of your CSB/SJU email address.
- Your password is the same password you use to access your CSB/SJU email.
- These can be found in the "Welcome Email" sent to you by Admissions when you enrolled.
- Click on the job title to view a full job description.
- The jobs website is updated every weekday, so check back often for more postings. You can sort by date to see which job postings are new.
- Apply for Positions
- Follow the link or directions at the bottom of the job description to apply. Most positions have an online application.
- Apply to more than just a couple of departments. Jobs are competitive and it is important for you to be proactive in your job search. Some departments may have as many as 25-30 applicants for one position.
- Check new job postings regularly, not just one time.
- Proofread your application before submitting; this is your first impression to supervisors.
- Keep track of which jobs you applied for and when - it will make it easier to follow up.
- Follow Up
- After you have applied to a position, follow up with the supervisor within one to two weeks to check the status of your application and to request an interview.
- Accept Position
- Once a supervisor extends a job offer to you, let him/her know if you will accept or decline the job.
- After accepting a position, complete the online Notification of Hiring Form (NOH). You will need to know your supervisors email address to complete the NOH.
To Be Placed in a Position
- We have filled all of the placement positions for this academic year.