Sebastian grew up in Perth, Ontario. After high school he decided to make Saint John’s his new home where he earned both his Bachelor of Arts in History from Saint John’s University and a Masters of Arts in Theology from the Graduate School of Theology and Seminary. Shortly after graduating from the SOT in 2011, he taught at Saint John’s University and Preparatory School for one year before moving back to Ontario.
Currently Sebastian is the writer, producer and host of Salt and Light Media's book review show Subject Matters and is in the early stages of production on his sequel to The Francis Effect called, "The Francis Impact" which explores how the vision and message of Pope Francis has taken root in various places and is impacting some of the global challenges we face: ecological crisis, refugee crisis, inter-faith dialogue, papal diplomacy, and more.
Distinguished Salt and Light Productions
Gomes has written, produced and directed the following productions:
- The Church Alive- 2014 Gabriel Award for Best Religious Television Series
- 13 Part Series on Vatican II and the New Evangelization
- The Francis Effect
- Widely-acclaimed documentary on how Pope Francis is rapidly changing the Catholic Church
- 2012 Synod of Bishops on the New Evangelization
- 2013 Papal Transition
- 2014 Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the Pastoral Challenges to the Family in the Context of Evangelization
- Watch Pope Francis' Installation Mass on PBS NewsHour
- Watch Sebastian Gomes interview on Salt + Light Television Witness
Support our students, faculty, and staff as they change the world.
Thank you for your support!