Lilly Youth Theology Network (LYTN) Graduate Assistant
In 2016 Saint John’s School of Theology and Seminary received a two-year continuation grant from the Lilly Endowment to coordinate the thirty theological programs for high school youth at seminaries and schools of theology throughout North America. These programs seek to foster excitement in theology and promote vocations in Christian leadership in church and society. This graduate assistantship will primarily focus on supporting this coordination effort primarily through work on the website, helping with an advertising/recruitment campaign, as well as assisting
Application: Provide the following information in three to four pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship -- Lilly Youth Theology Network.
- List your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, intended degree, and first enrollment term.
- Describe your experiences in youth ministry and/or catechesis.
- Describe which aspects of the position description interest you the most and how this work fits into your vocational discernment and/or career path.
- List and explain three things you would like to learn from this position.
- Outline 3 or 4 skills that you would bring to this position.
- Submit a current resume.
- Email the document as attachments to [email protected].
Financial Award Graduate Assistantship (15 hours of work per week):
- A work award based off of 15 hours a week at $10 an hour
- Living Allowance: $3,000
*This financial award would be above your tuition scholarship, which is awarded when an applicant is approved for a degree program.
- Admission into a degree program at the School of Theology
- Completion of a BA or BS degree
- Registered for 9 or more credits
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Experience in website management
- Experience or strong interest in youth ministry, curriculum, and theology.
*Applications are accepted until May 15th, 2017. The hiring decision will be made by June 1st, 2017.