Director of Retreats
The SJU Assistantship in Campus Ministry for retreats is the member of the Campus Ministry team who has primary responsibility for working with the retreat program. This Graduate Assistant works in collaboration with the Director in the planning and preparation of retreat experiences for CSB/SJU students with a focus on involving men. The graduate assistant develops retreat programming, helps mentor student leaders, facilitates team meetings and directs weekend retreats. The Graduate Assistant for Retreats helps nurture faith development, create community, and encourage students to live lives guided by Benedictine values.
Application: Provide the following information in two to three pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship in Campus Ministry, Saint John's University. Indicate the Campus Ministry area(s) of responsibility.
- List your name, address, telephone number, email address, intended degree, the term you plan to enroll.
- List three experiences or qualities that you bring to this position and describe how you have used these in ministry or related areas.
- Request one letter of recommendation from your current or a recent supervisor of a ministry position.
- Describe how you wish to sharpen your skills and ministerial competencies through this position.
- Describe how you hope to use your theological education upon graduation.
- Email the document as an attachment to [email protected].
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a work award based off of 20 hours a week at $10 an hour and an allowance of $3,200 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 20 hours per week, August - May.