Director of Liturgical Music
The SJU Graduate Assistantship in Liturgy and Music is the member of the Campus Ministry team who has primary responsibility for the coordination of all liturgical music aspects of Campus Ministry events. The Director of Liturgical Music works closely with the university chaplain in the planning of student liturgies. The Graduate Assistantship is responsible for the recruitment, training, and ongoing formation of students who serve as music ministers. The Director of Liturgical Music reports to the Director of Campus Ministry. Supervision of liturgical matters is ordinarily delegated to the Chaplain.
Application: Provide the following information in two to three pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship in Campus Ministry, Saint John's University. Indicate the Campus Ministry area(s) of responsibility.
- List your name, address, telephone number, email address, intended degree, the term you plan to enroll.
- List three experiences or qualities that you bring to this position and describe how you have used these in ministry or related areas.
- Request one letter of recommendation from your current or a recent supervisor of a ministry position.
- Describe how you wish to sharpen your skills and ministerial competencies through this position.
- Describe how you hope to use your theological education upon graduation.
- Email the document as an attachment to [email protected].
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a work award based off of 8-10 hours a week at $10 an hour and an allowance of $1,800 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 8-10 hours per week, August - May.