YTM Graduate Assistantship
Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary received a grant from the Lilly Endowment to help coordinate thirty-nine theological programs for high school youth at seminaries and schools of theology throughout North America. Dr. Jeffrey Kaster, Director of the Youth in Theology and Ministry program, coordinates the national program. The focus of the graduate assistantship is to support the coordination effort primarily through work on the website and blog and to assist with other administrative tasks.
Application: Provide the following information in two to four pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship -- Theological Programs for High School Youth
or Application for Graduate Assistantship -- Youth in Theology and Ministry
- List your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, intended degree, and first enrollment term.
- Describe your experiences in youth ministry and/or catechesis.
- Describe which aspects of the position description interest you the most and how this work fits into your vocational discernment and/or career path.
- List and explain three things you would like to learn from this position.
- Outline 3 or 4 skills that you would bring to this position.
- Submit a current resume.
- Email the document as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued between $15,000 and $22,000 per year. The package has three components:
- A tuition scholarship ranging from 50% to 100% for the academic terms
- A work award in the amount of $4,000 per academic year
- An allowance of $3,500 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 15 hours per week.
YTM Graduate Assistantships: Dr. Jeffrey Kaster, email@example.com, 320-363-2620
Graduate Admissions: Mary Beth Banken, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-363-2896