Admission Requirements: Th.M.
The application and recommendations should be submitted electronically whenever possible. Official transcripts may be mailed to Director of Admission, Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary, P.O. Box 7288, Collegeville, MN 56321. Most other documents can be submitted as email attachments to [email protected].
- A completed application form application form.
- Submit an electronic photo.
- A Master of Arts in Theology degree, a Master of Divinity degree, or equivalent
- Official transcripts of post-secondary coursework sent directly from the Registrar's Office to the director of admission for the School of Theology·Seminary (see above).
- Results of either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last five years, sent directly to the director of admission for the School of Theology·Seminary (Institutional Code: 6624; Department Code: 4902).
- A writing sample of 15-20 pages, including bibliography and footnotes. A graduate paper or chapter of a thesis is acceptable.
- Personal statement of not more than 750 words; Reflect upon the development of your personal and professional goals since you began graduate theological study. Why do you wish to study at Saint John's?
- Updated résumé outlining personal, educational and professional backgrounds.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors at the institution where you completed your graduate theological degree. Note: Recommendations are reserved for those who have the right to review documents in the applicant's admission file. The applicant waives access to the information.
To apply for a research assistantship, please complete the research assistantship application.