SJU Move-In Information
Important information for students living in campus apartments, houses, and residence halls for the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
When can I move in?
Newly Enrolled First Year Students:
- Move in is Thursday, August 21, at 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- There will be orientation activities for students and parents throughout the day.
Newly Enrolled Transfer Students:
- Move in is Friday, August 22, at 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- There will be orientation activities for students beginning at 12 p.m. that day.
Returning Students (sophomores, juniors and seniors):
- All residence areas open Saturday, August 23 at 8:00 a.m.
Arrivals before August 21:
- All early arrival requests must be made to and approved by the Residential Life and Housing Office.
- Students approved for early arrival must make arrangements with the Residential Life and Housing Office to pick up room keys during regular office hours (8 am to 4:30 pm, M-F) from Sexton 210 or from Life Safety Services, Basement Thomas Hall after 4:30 pm.
- If you are part of an athletic team or school sponsored activity, that requires early arrival, your coach/supervisor/coordinator must submit a request on your behalf. Keys for members of the football and soccer teams will be given to and distributed by the coaches.
Fall Semester Early Return Request Form (CSB/SJU username and password required)
- Please be aware that campus services such as food service and other amenities will be limited prior to hall opening on August 21.
- Traffic into campus on Thursday, August 21, and Saturday, August 23 will be significant and parking will be limited. We encourage you to limit your travel to and from campus that day.
Check-in August 21:
- Pick up your key upon arrival from your Resident Assistant (RA).
- Thoroughly inspect your room for the Room Condition Report your Resident Assistant will complete with you. Ask your RA to make any additions to the report you feel are necessary, and submit it. (If you move in early, please connect with your RA as soon as possible to complete this check-in process) Failure to complete and submit a Room Condition Report will result in a fine.