Public Access Defibrillation
Saving Lives is a Group Effort
Did you know that each year, hundreds of thousands of Americans die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest?* You can make a difference! Effective bystander Hands Only CPR, combined with early use of an AED can save a life!
AEDs are strategically located in the following locations on St. John's campus:
- St. John's Prep School - Weber Center
- Great Hall - Information Desk
- Steven B Humphrey Auditorium - Main Lobby
- St. John's Abbey Church - Main Entrance
- Warner Palaestra - Weight Room
- Warner Palaestra - Athletic Training Room
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after cardiac arrest, can double a victim's chance of survival.
- CPR helps maintain vital blood flow to the heart and brain and increases the amount of time that an electric shock from a defibrillator can be effective.
- Death from sudden cardiac arrest is not inevitable. If more people knew CPR, more lives could be saved.
(Compiled from American Heart Association)