EMT Course at Saint John's
Spring 2018 EMT Course Information
Saint John's University contracts to offer an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course at Saint John's.
This course is open to all CSB/SJU students and is offered as a Course of the College. Class meets two evenings per week with some weekend lab time required. Students are required to complete a 12 hour clinical internship either in an ER or ambulance setting.
In addition to tuition, this course has extra fees associated with it:
- Class Fees (charged to your student account) $575
- Clinical Shirt Fee $30
- Written Exam Fee* $80 (paid when registering for written exam)
All course participants are required to provide proof of a TB Mantoux test within the past 6 months. Proof of Hepatitis vaccination or declination of vaccination must be provided as well.
* Written exam is required to become State and Nationally certified as an EMT-Basic. It is possible to complete the course, pass the practical exam, receive a grade for the course and not become certified.
There are limited seats available for this course and competition is steep! Course admission is granted according to the following criteria:
- Completion of Application, including background check authorization.
- An information meeting will be held on November 14th in Simons G-30. Attendance is encourage but *not* mandatory.
- Personal interview -Interviews will be November 15th & 16th
Sign Up sheet at Life Safety Dispatch (Tommy Hall Basement)
- As this course is the primary source for EMT Squad membership, preference is given to Sophomore and First Year Students.