Retreat Leader Opportunity
SJU Campus Ministry is excited to offer retreat leader opportunities for CSB and SJU sophomore, junior and senior students to lead retreats during the 2017-2018 school year.
First Year Retreat Experience (FYRE)
What: FYRE offers first year CSB and SJU students the chance to explore faith and community life in college through the lens of Benedictine practices.
When: Friday, November 3, 2017 - Sunday, November 5, 2017
Where: Camp JIM (Pillager, MN)
Leadership Opportunities: We are looking for 18 student leaders for FYRE. All leaders will facilitate a small group. Additional roles will be assigned when the team is announced. These roles include:
- Testimony team: Responsible for offering a five-minute testimony talk on a Benedictine practice. These brief, homily-like talks serve to introduce the group to an aspect of Benedictine spirituality and set the context for the next activities.
- Hospitality team: Responsible for keeping the retreat energy up! The hospitality team will assist with retreat check-in, lead ice-breakers and facilitate team-building activities on the retreat. They will also be responsible for loading the buses and additional behind-the-scenes help.
- Prayer team: Responsible for leading all prayers on the retreat and working with the Campus Ministry staff to create presiders guides and worship aids. There will be a special focus on this year's retreat on the Benedictine practice of Liturgy of the Hours. Each member of the prayer team will be in charge of one Liturgy of the Hours prayer, as well as facilitating a spiritual growth activity.
- Music team: Responsible for planning two Praise & Worship sessions and assisting the prayer team as needed. Music team members should work with the Campus Ministry staff on musical and instrumental needs.
- Applications are now being accepted and must be turned in by Monday, September 11th. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to set up an interview.
- Interviews will take place Saturday and Sunday, September 16th and 17th.
- Retreat teams will be announced by Wednesday, September 20th.
Thank you for your interest in being a retreat leader with Saint John's University Campus Ministry! Rooted in Benedictine spirituality, the retreats program seeks to provide structured spaces for students to grow in their individual and communal faith lives. Caring, committed leaders are vital to the success of our retreats. It is the leaders who bring the prayers, discussions and activities to life!
Please know we have a limited number of retreat leadership positions, and the Campus Ministry staff is committed to helping all students interested in ministry find ways to be involved in our work. Thank you again for your time and interest in the retreats program! We are excited for the year ahead.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Maria Siebels, Director of Retreats
SJU Campus Ministry
Future retreats are being planned at this time. Watch for further retreat leader opportunities as they become available.