Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.

Classes at other Colleges

Students may complete out-of-residence courses and transfer them to Saint Benedict's and Saint John's.


  • The college at which the coursework is completed must be accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency at the time of enrollment.
  • Courses to be transferred must be similar to courses offered for credit at Saint Ben's and Saint John's.
  • Courses to be transferred must receive a minimum grade of C.
  • Before credit may be transferred, the Registrar's Office must receive an official final transcript directly from the college at which the courses were completed.

    Credits received for these courses are translated into semester credits according to the appropriate translation formula. Grades earned for transferred coursework are not calculated into the student's cumulative GPA.

With advance approval, students may apply these courses towards common curriculum and/or major requirements.

  • Common Curriculum - requires prior consultation with and approval of the Registrar's Office
  • Major Requirements - requires prior consultation and approval of the department chair

When the transfer of these courses has been completed, the student should complete the appropriate request for academic substitution form.

Colleges/universities outside of the U.S.

  • Students who intend to transfer coursework from a foreign college or university must consult the Director of International Studies before beginning such study.
  • You must have a professional transcript evaluation completed through World Education Services (WES, or a similar approved professional transcript evaluation service. The results must be sent to CSB/SJU for consideration.

Consult the Center for Global Education for further information.

See also Academic Catalog: Studies at Other Colleges