Political Science Major (10 - four credit courses)
- POLS 111, POLS 121, POLS 211, POLS 221
(prerequisite for POLS 211: POLS 111 and POLS 121, one of which may be taken the same semester as POLS 211)
- One or more of POLS 222, POLS 223, and POLS 224
- Four(4) additional POLS 300-level sequence courses plus a Senior Research Seminar
- POLS 399 (Colloquium) - 2 credits
Beginning with Summer 2015, the DC Summer Study internship experience for four (4) credits may not be used to satisfy one of the 300-level sequence course requirements.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to participate in academic internships, Study Abroad programs and summer program opportunities for experiential learning. Note, however, that academic experiences and transferred courses may replace no more than ONE of the requirements for 300-level courses in the major. Programs of study are to be developed in consultation with a faculty advisor.
- Comprehensive exam.
Political Science Minor (5 course requirement - 20 credits)
For Students Entering 2011 and After
Required courses are
- either POLS 111 or 121;
- one of the following: POLS 221, 222, 223 or 224;
- and three (3) upper division courses within your concentration.
The Political Science Minor is 20 credits and may be taken in the following concentrations:
Media, Campaigns and Elections (New for 2016!)
Your course of study should be planned with the assistance of your faculty advisor.