What Is Collegebound?
- An optional wilderness learning experience for incoming first year or transfer students to CSB/SJU.
- Students will either rock climb, canoe, backpack or camp and explore in Northern Minnesota for the week preceding orientation, no experience necessary.
An opportunity to learn about yourself and develop skills important to college life.
- A great way to meet other students, both first years and upperclassmen, before classes start.
- A good way to make the transition into college.
- Check out some photos from our 2015 trip!
- Download the 2016 Collegebound Brochure
New trips for 2016! Backpacking the Superior Hiking Trail and Northshore Camping!
Sign up for our email list to find out when 2016 registration opens!
Dates for 2016
August 17-24 (The week before orientation.)
Registration for 2016 will open in March 2016
- $375 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- This cost covers trip transportation, food, lodging, gear (if needed), and a memorable experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
- If you are unable to make a credit card payment, contact Kyle Rauch (email@example.com or 320-363-2136) to make alternate arrangements.
- August 17, arrive on campus, move-in, group meeting and dinner
- August 18, depart to North Shore
- August 19,-23, Canoe or Rock Climb
- August 23, all groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- August 24, return to campus
- August 25, all first-year students move in and orientation begins