Maple Syrup Festivals
Saturdays, March 29 & April 5, 2014 | Open house: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Pre-registration is now closed. WALK-INS ARE WELCOME! Directions below.
Join us for what has become our most popular event of the year!
Sap collecting, syrup cooking, horse-drawn rides, demonstrations, and hot maple syrup sundaes await the whole family.
Before You Come:
- The festival is ENTIRELY OUTDOORS - rain, snow or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- It is extremely muddy, snowy, and occasionally icy out at the sugar shack. We HIGHLY recommend wearing boots.
- Please LEAVE DOGS AND PETS AT HOME. While we love them too, they are not allowed in the Abbey Arboretum.
- All the activities are going on throughout the festival between 1-4 p.m.
$1 off per person (up to $10) if you register by NOON on the Friday before the festival you attend. Please note that scouts participating in the patch program must preregister but are not eligible for the discount.
NO REFUNDS AFTER NOON ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE FESTIVAL YOU REGISTER TO ATTEND.
Special THANKS to the Saint John's Senate and Saint Ben's Senate
for providing funding to make the Festivals FREE FOR ALL CSB/SJU STUDENTS this year!
Registration is near the Saint John's Prep School on the Old Entrance Road
The Sugar Shack is approximately 0.8 miles from the New Science Center at Saint John's University.
- Take the Saint John’s University exit from Interstate I-94 and head towards campus
- Continue straight at the 4-way stop, heading toward the Abbey Bell Banner.
- Follow the signs and volunteers to available parking near the Prep School or Science Buildings.
- Registration will be visible on the Old Entrance Road beyond the Prep School.
- View a campus map.
Pre-registration is now closed.
WALK-INS are welcome!
- Saint John's Outdoor U Marketplace: Secure credit card transaction.
- General Registration: Pre-register without payment. Bring cash, check or credit card on the day of the festival.
- Scout Troop Registration: Pre-register without payment. We will bill the scout troop after the festival.
Preregistration is preferred but not required (Scout registration IS REQUIRED for scouts to receive a patch).
***If you are a family with scouts interested in receiving a maple syrup patch, and are not participating with your troop, please use the Saint John's Outdoor University Marketplace OR General Registration form and select that option.***