Orientation Learning Goals & Outcomes
Education at the College of Saint Benedict & Saint John’s University begins with an orientation program designed to welcome all students and to help them launch a successful college experience. The orientation program will communicate our mission as Catholic, Benedictine, residential, liberal arts colleges. The program will provide students with information and resources on the value of a liberal arts experience, diversity and inclusion, and healthy choices. Lastly, the orientation program will inspire students to take ownership of their learning, to actively participate in the community, and take responsibility for their actions and behaviors inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand the mission of CSB and SJU.
- Identify the key aspects of a liberal arts experience at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the definition and role of cultural agility to help enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the role of healthy social choices that may help to enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Identify their own expectations for effective learning at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the benefits of engagement and participation in the CSB/SJU and external community while at CSB/SJU.
- Identify the impact their individual behavior and action can have in and outside the classroom.
New Bennies and Johnnies enjoy a "fine arts experience" as part of their orientation.
During orientation, the incoming first-year students spend time on both the CSB and SJU campuses.