Dr. Carie Braun
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: Main 450 Phone: 320-363-5223
PhD in Nursing from the University of Minnesota, 2003
MS in Nursing from the University of Minnesota, 1998
BS in Nursing from the College of St. Benedict, 1992
Areas of Expertise
• Care of children and families
• Chronic illness in children
• Family-centered care
• Adolescent healthcare
• Alternative and complementary therapies
• Nursing Education
• St. Cloud Hospital, Float Pool
• St. Cloud Hospital, Children's Center
• Stearns County Public Health
• Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Teenage Medical Service/Children's Hospitals and Clinics
My research interests are in the area of evidence-based nursing care of children and families with a particular emphasis on the use of complementary and alternative healthcare strategies with children.
• Laudenbach, N., Braun, C., Klaverkamp, L., Hedman-Dennis, S. (2014). Peripheral IV stabilization and the rate of complications in children: An exploratory study. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, available online 2/12/2014 at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2014.02.002.
• Braun, C. (2013). Complementary therapies in education. In M. Snyder and R. Lindquist (eds.) Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Nursing (7th Edition). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
• Braun, C. & Anderson, C. (2011). Pathophysiology: a clinical approach.Baltimore, MD: Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins.
• Braun, C. (2010). Complementary therapies in education. In M. Snyder and R. Lindquist (eds.) Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Nursing (6th Edition). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
• Braun, C., Stangler, T., Narveson, J., & Pettingel, S. (2009). Animal-assisted therapy as a pain relief intervention for children. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 15, 105-109.