Family Weekend 2010
Students share campuses with families
November 1, 2010
One of many fun activities available during Family Weekend.
College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University students welcomed families, siblings and friends to both campuses the weekend of Oct. 22-24 for the annual Family Weekend. Overall, attendance for the weekend was its highest in the last three years.
Here are some of the weekend highlights:
- Events spread throughout both campuses, highlighting student performances through various athletic events, a Johnnie Blend performance and a student improv group Attention-Starved Children
- Third annual Family Weekend carnival, with additional support from various campus clubs, offering pumpkin carving, inflatable games, apple bobbing, cookie decorating and other interactive options for the students and their families
- Over 700 family members attended the SJU football game
- Over 500 attended the Family Weekend Italian dinner in Gorecki Dining and Conference Center;
- Family Weekend 5K run, which supported Alternative Break Experience trips
- Trick or Treat in the residence halls at CSB
- Family Weekend BINGO, offering prizes from CSB and SJU bookstores, as well as local retailers
- Great fine arts performance
"It's always a wonderful opportunity for our students to share their campuses with their families, and we are fortunate to see family members for all students, first year through senior year," said Gwen Schimek, assistant director of Student Activities and Leadership Development and Family Weekend coordinator. "Family Weekend 2010 was a resounding success."