No matter your interests— vocal or instrumental, jazz or classical—we have opportunities that will let you stretch yourself musically. We have the facilities, the environment and the community to support your musical interests. Our philosophy is "Find Your Music Within."
Welcome Class of 2019 and returning students!
If you are a new music major or minor, please click here to view our student handbook!
Are you interested in auditioning for one of our vocal or instrumental ensembles
Click here for the audition requirements!
Chamber Music Ensembles
November 23, 2015, 8:00 PM, SBH Theater
Christmas at Saint John's**
December 4, 2015, 8:00 PM, Great Hall
December 5, 2015, 2:00 PM, Great Hall ***SOLD OUT***
Celebrating The Season **
December 5, 2015, 8:00 PM, Basilica of Saint Mary, Minneapolis
All College Choir
December 6, 2015, 2:00 PM, Great Hall
Jazz Ensemble & Jazz Combos
December 7, 2015, 7:30 PM, Escher Auditorium
Wind Ensemble & Symphonic Band
December 8, 2015, 7:30 PM, Escher Auditorium
December 13, 2015, 2:00 PM, Escher Auditorium
Senior Recital: Lindy Seymour, Euphonium
December 13, 2015, 6:00 PM, Escher Auditorium
**All performances marked with an asterisk are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased through the Box Office: (320) 363 - 5777**
Overview of Program
- Music Major with concentrations in Music Education (Instrumental or Vocal), Performance, Composition, Liturgical Music, and Music Studies
- Outstanding musical facilities for performance and pedagogy
- Excellent music library collection
- Successful graduates
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Outstanding faculty of practicing musicians.
- Student ensembles tour nationally and internationally.
- Many opportunities to double major
- Workshops in popular music topics such as song writing and composing for video games
- A quarter of all CSB/SJU students are in music classes or ensembles each semester
Peter Rothstein's '88 words of advice: "Do what you love. Your life will be ultimately richer because you live your passion." Not only is this his advice, but his life motto. Read more.
"A day without music is like a black and white sunset." Read how Heidi Wolak-Faber '97 continues to fill her days with music more than 10 years after graduating.
Kraig Windschitl, a 2000 graduate says: "I wanted the sacred, historical, and performance aspects of music study. This was the perfect place for it." Read more about Kraig.
Dr. Brian Campbell
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John's University